Friday, December 10, 2004

The future of media

Well - Here is an idea that occured to me wrt media and communications convergence.
Launchcast at Yahoo!, in effect, provides a custom radio station for every subscriber. So, here's a series of what-ifs to arrive at a plausible scenario.
a) I run Yahoo! Launchcast and am listening to something @work. I am leaving for the day and want to continue listening.
b) I merely click on a 'session' icon on the Launchcast screen and drag-drop it onto an icon for my mobile phone. The mobile phone device is recognised by my PC and the drag drop and session transfer from device to device is over Bluetooth.
c) My 3G mobile phone continues playing the song from my personal station.
d) I now walk to my car.
e) I do the same thing on my car radio. My car radio is an iPod-style player that also streams music from the Launchcast store.

Net-net, I get the same seamless experience across devices. Would I be willing to pay for this service? Maybe not. Would I be willing to use this service with commercial breaks - definitely.
Would I purchase led by the commercials ? - most probably yes.

Let me know your comments, gentle reader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home